Movie blog lists nine worst big screen employers
Looking for a few summer DVD movie diversions with workplace themes? Earlier this year, the movie blog TDYLF (The Droid You’re Looking For) selected the nine worst employers as depicted on the big screen. Here’s the full post with explanations (worth a click and read), and here’s the list:
1. The Quick Stop, Clerks (1994)
2. The Death Star, The Star Wars trilogy
3. The iron mines, North Country (2005)
4. The Weyland-Yutani Corporation, Alien (1979)
5. Initech, Office Space (1999)
6. Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971)
7. Mordor, The Lord of the Rings trilogy
8. Shenanigan’s restaurant, Waiting… (2005)
9. Dr. Seward’s Lunatic Asylum, Dracula: Dead and Loving It (1995)
Yikes, I haven’t seen roughly half of these movies! That includes North Country, which earned strong reviews for its depiction of an early sexual harassment case. And, yes, Office Space, a cult favorite. Add to that Willy Wonka, which a friend described as her favorite movie!
Hmm, is it possible that I know enough about real-life dysfunctional workplaces that I don’t seek out fictional versions for entertainment?
Of course, you might quarrel with the list and have a few of your own to add — comment away! In the meantime, I’d best rev up my DVD player. I’ve got homework to do!